What is the difference between Leasing and Buying?
We like to provide our customer both options so that you can compare. Below is a short list that may help to make your decision. If you still have questions, please contact one of our Sales & Leasing Specialists for additional details and answers.
When BUYING a Car is the Best Decision
- If you like to keep your cars until the wheels fall off. Your payment will be higher than a lease but every time you make a payment you are building equity in your vehicle and working towards owning it outright.
- If you put a lot of miles on your vehicle or if your driving distances many change dramatically in the next few years, financing is the better option for you since there are no mileage restrictions.
- If you keep your car past the life of the loan, you will be eventually free of loan payments.
- You're free to sell your vehicle at anytime.
- Insurance costs are generally less for vehicles that are financed as opposed to leased.
- If you will accessorize and modify your vehicle, financing is the best option for you.
When LEASING a car is the Best Decision
- If you prefer to drive a new vehicle every few years, then leasing is a great option for you that won't leave you with negative equity.
- Lease payments are most often lower than if you were to purchase the same vehicle because you are only paying for the life of the vehicle you are using.
- If you don't have any money down. Many lease programs require $0 or little money down that are helpful if you don't have the cash on hand for a large down payment.
- Leased cars are most often covered under the manufacturer's warranty for the duration of the lease. This is helpful if you don't have a savings account available for car repairs.
- If you are a tech junkie who loves technology, leasing is a good idea for you since you will always have the newest technology with a car that is a few years old or newer.
- If you like to try it before you buy it. At the end of your lease you can always purchase your vehicle or just walk away for something that is more to your liking.