About Gresham Ford
Bess Wills is the General Manager/Co-Owner of Gresham Ford in Gresham, Oregon. She is responsible for the daily operations of the dealership. Her career spans 35 years of fiscal and corporate management experience that includes construction, real estate development and auto dealerships.
When Bess took over the operations at Gresham Ford in 2003, she was amazed at the warmth of the people and the eagerness with which the local community accepted an "outsider" from California.
Bess fell in love with the people of Gresham and began a crusade to help improve the lives in her new home. She soon realized the needs of the community were great so she started the "Contribute to the Community" program as a catalyst to inspire others to get involved. She is active with a variety of charitable organizations with a passion to help families that need a hand-up. She has worked with My Father's House, Snow Cap and Human Solutions to name a few.
The Contribute to the Community program has touched and contributed to well over 250 local charities and non-profits.
The Contribute to the Community Program has a three pronged approach to serving the customers and community of Gresham Ford.
The first method began with Bess devoting entire weeks of radio and print advertising to champion specific charities she recognized as being particularly effective at meeting basic human needs. By soliciting contributions in her ads and sharing the second approach, the Gresham Ford tithe. Upon request, Bess donates 10% of customer service and parts purchases up to $100 per transaction, to the favorite charity of their choice. When you purchase a new or used car at Gresham Ford you can also request that $100 be donated on your behalf to your favorite charity. The two simple approaches have raised more than a million dollars for hundreds of local charities.
Annually, Gresham Ford contributes around 3,000 man-hours helping people across the community. In addition Bess writes a weekly column in the Gresham Outlook to further highlight ways everyone can get involved and help make #GreshamStrong. Bess also acts as a moderator on a community focused cable shoe called Gresham Strong that showcases local community efforts and betterment opportunities. Bess continues to utilize new and innovative ways to spur the community into getting involved.
Every week Gresham Ford is actively involved in events such as collecting phones for Cell Phones for Soldiers. The phones are recycled and proceeds purchase calling cards for deployed soldiers across the world. Donations are accepted year round to the Gresham Ford receptionist.
Bess sits on the board or assists a number of charitable organizations including:
- The Gresham Barlow Education Foundation - Tutoring and supplies for the needy
- East Diversified Services - Job training and social services for people with developmental handicaps.
- My Father's House - Community Shelter for Homeless Families
- SnowCap Community Charities - Food and housing assistance for the newly impoverished.
- Breast Friends - Support for those struggling with Breast Cancer
- Adventist Medical Foundation
- Open Arms International - Medical and Humanitarian Assistance
- Rotary Club of Gresham
- Soroptimist International of Gresham
- Gresham Breakfast Lions Club
- Portland Columbia Symphony
- Salvation Army
- Veterans Stand Down - East County
- Greater Gresham Area Prevention Partnership
- Fight with Elegance Against Breast Cancer
- Building a Better America Council
Gresham Ford and Bess are actively involved in the following organizations:
- Gresham Area Chamber of Commerce
- Try Local First
- North Clackamas Chamber of Commerce
- West Columbia Gorge Chamber of Commerce
- East Portland Chamber of Commerce
- Portland Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Historic Downtown Gresham Business Association
- Rockwood Business Coalition
- Mt Hood Community College ASSET Program
- Oregon Automobile Dealers Association
- National Auto Dealers Association
- National Minority Dealers Association
- Ford Minority Dealers Association
- National Federation of Independent Business
Ford Motor Company Presidents Award Winner
This award - which was created in 1998 - recognizes dealers for excellence in providing outstanding customer service and satisfaction. Eligibility is determined via customer survey responses regarding their sales and service satisfaction. Gresham Ford has earned the award 3 times. Only two are given for the entire state of Oregon.
Employee Excellence Award Winners
This is the highest honor from Ford Motor Company in recognition to the front-line staff. Recipients of this award represent the best of the best from across the nation in the Ford and Lincoln Dealer Network and have scored the highest in the area of Sales, Customer Satisfaction and Training. This year Mike Amato-Parts Manager, Cher Marlowe-Service Manager, Ryan Johnson-Service Advisor, Van Austin-Sales Professional, Sam Rich-Sales Professional and Greg Latoza-Finance Manager are all being recognized for their outstanding customer service.
To learn more about the Contribute to the Community Program or how you can get involved visit the Gresham Ford Community blog.
We are excited to get 2017 started off right with a sponsorship of the Gresham Grey Wolves. Read more about our local Baseball team and how to get savings on tickets for the 2017 season starting June 1st. >>>Read More.
Gresham Ford wants to be your dealership of choice!
If you are researching Ford Dealers in Oregon, you are encouraged to visit the Gresham Ford Online Reviews.
Reputation.com estimates that the average Auto Dealer has a "reputation
score" of 408. Gresham Ford currently sits at 743, well above the
majority of dealers in the Portland Metro area.
Every year Gresham Outlook Readers are asked to submit their favorite choices to everything from Best Dining Experience to Best Massage Therapist. We have been blessed again this year with an overwhelming show of support by our loyal customers. The categories that we won include:
- Best Automotive Detail
- Best Automotive Repair Shop
- Best Place to Purchase a Car
- Best Place to Purchase a Truck
- Best Place to Purchase a Used Vehicle
- Best Mechanic - Andy Brown
- Best Sales & Leasing Professional - Sam Rich